Thursday 11 March 2010

Mothering Sunday again

The reason Matt was holding a Rolf Harris cd was that his brother Alan was going to Australia to live in Brisbane for just under a year. He was going to work with Scripture Union Queensland. He went in October 2003.
It caused much merriment, this cd!
Especially " Tie Me kangaroo Down Sport" and "Jake the Peg......." !!
TL had "Waltzing Matilda" as his ring tone on his mobile whilst Alan was away.
Touching.
The settee and décor are changed now.
Bit like us.
Mothering Sunday cards,( to give Mother's Day it's correct title) have been in the shops for awhile.
They are like a double-edged sword to me.
Our family is forever incomplete.

Mothering Sunday last year, 2009, saw me again on the M6 driving North, as my dad had been taken ill. I was there two and a half weeks.
I took my cards with me and the gifts I had been given. And as I drove, I thought how ironic it was to be driving on that particular day, as once again I drove passed the site of the accident, deliberately, a defiant homage to you, Matt.

So here we are again, and on Sunday we will have Alan and Jen here. And we will enjoy the day. I still have two sons..........

I have two sons,
Forever in my thoughts.
And prayers
And tears and love
Anguish
Joy
Pride
Wonder
Sadness and gladness.

To hold you when you were born
Was the most amazing thing I have ever known,
To say goodbye the most profound
Deep
Dark
Grief.

Two brothers
Now one without the other
Scarred

But we remember
You


So, on Mothering Sunday, I will run the gauntlet of loss once more, thinking of that other mother for whom the day is named.
Then comes Easter!!!







No comments: